Crossmark is a multi-publisher initiative from Crossref to provide a standard way for readers to locate the current version of a piece of content. By applying the Crossmark logo JHNS is committing to maintaining the content it publishes and to alerting readers to changes if and when they occur. Clicking on the Crossmark logo will tell you the current status of a document and may also give you additional publication record information about the document.
- Corrections are published if the published work is updated (data update, the good name of author or journal, etc.)
- Not so important updates of the paper e.g. a spelling mistake or grammatical error will not be published in Crossmark.
- Readers who find serious updates for correction, should contact authors at first and then journals' Editorial Board.
- Issues related to general professional ethical codes and the journal's Policy and Copyright will also result in an article being retracted. In the serious issue, the editors reserve the right to publish the retraction without the agreement of authors.
- In the most serious cases (ethical, legal issues) the editors may remove an article from the online journal.
- If this case will occur, the bibliographic information (title and authors) will be still displayed online, the text and all downloadable files will be removed.