Main Article Content
This study aims to determine the effect of thematic collaborative learning on critical thinking skills. This research is a quasi-experimental study with a pretest-posttest control group design. The research subjects were fourth grade students of Mangunan State Elementary School, Yogyakarta city. The sample was selected based on random sampling while the instrument used in this study was an Essay test to measure critical thinking skills. The data that has been collected is then analyzed using the t-test. The results showed that there are differences in critical thinking skills in thematic learning between students who learn to use collaborative learning and students who learn to use expository. Students who study using thematic collaborative learning have a higher level of critical thinking skills than students who learn using the expository learning model.
- Andriyani, N. L., & Suniasih, N. W. (2021). Development of Learning Videos Based on Problem-Solving Characteristics of Animals and Their Habitats Contain in Ipa Subjects on 6th-Grade. Journal of Education Technology, 5(1), 37. https://doi.org/10.23887/jet.v5i1.32314
- Arends, R. I., & Kilcher, A. (2010). Teaching for student learning: Becoming an accomplished teacher. In Teaching for Student Learning: Becoming an Accomplished Teacher. https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203866771
- Ariyani, Y. D., & Wangid, M. N. (2016). Pengembangan bahan ajar tematik-integratif berbasis nilai karakter peduli lingkungan dan tanggung jawab. Jurnal Pendidikan Karakter, 6(1), 116–129.
- Cheng, V. M. Y. (2016). Understanding and enhancing personal transfer of creative learning. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 22, 58–73. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsc.2016.09.001
- Fauzi, I., & Khusuma, I. H. S. (2020). Teachers’ Elementary School in Online Learning of COVID-19 Pandemic Conditions. Jurnal Iqra’ : Kajian Ilmu Pendidikan, 5(1), 58–70. https://doi.org/10.25217/ji.v5i1.914
- Griffin, P. (2012). The Assessment and Teaching of 21 st Century Skills. Springer.
- Herwin, H., Hastomo, A., Saptono, B., Ardiansyah, A. R., & Wibowo, S. E. (2021). How elementary school teachers organized online learning during the covid-19 pandemic? World Journal on Educational Technology: Current Issues, 13(3), 437–449. https://doi.org/10.18844/wjet.v13i3.5952
- Ku, K. Y. L., Ho, I. T., Hau, K. T., & Lai, E. C. M. (2014). Integrating direct and inquiry-based instruction in the teaching of critical thinking: an intervention study. Instructional Science, 42(2), 251–269. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11251-013-9279-0
- Liliasari, S., Amsad, L. N., & Wahyudi, A. (2021). Innovative chemistry education: An alternative course models in the disruption era. Mathematics and Science Education International Seminar (MASEIS), 1731(1), 1–8. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1731/1/012023
- Mor, Y. (2013). The learning design studio: Collaborative design inquiry as teachers’ professional development. Research in Learning Technology, 21. https://doi.org/10.3402/rlt.v21i0.22054
- Pujiastuti, P., Herwin, H., & Firdaus, F. M. (2021). Thematic learning during the pandemic: CIPP evaluation study. Cypriot Journal of Educational Sciences, 16(6), 2970–2980. https://doi.org/10.18844/cjes.v16i6.6481
- Sawyer, R. K. (2016). Explaining creativity: The science of human innovation. Oxford University Press.
- Simamora, D. F., & Manurung, H. M. (2019). The Effect of Problem-Based Learning Model during Pandemic On the Thematic Learning Outcomes of Students in Elementary School. Jurnal Basicedu, 3(2), 524–532.
- Smith, C. J. (2012). Improving the school-to-university transition: Using a problem-based approach to teach practical skills whilst simultaneously developing students’ independent study skills. Chemistry Education Research and Practice, 13(4), 490–499. https://doi.org/10.1039/c2rp20096a
- Sroufe, R. (2015). Leveraging Collaborative, Thematic Problem-Based Learning to Integrate Curricula. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 13(2), 151–176. https://doi.org/10.1111/dsji.12063
- Subhan, S. (2020). PEER REVIEW; STEM education in integrative thematic learning to improve students’ creative thinking abilities in elementary school. repository.iainambon.ac.id. http://repository.iainambon.ac.id/id/eprint/722
- Sufyan, A., Nuruddin Hidayat, D., Lubis, A., Kultsum, U., Defianty, M., & Suralaga, F. (2020). Implementation of E-Learning during a Pandemic: Potentials and Challenges. 8th International Conference on Cyber and IT Service Management, CITSM, 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/CITSM50537.2020.9268900
- Wahyudi, A., Ariyani, Y. D., & Rochaendi, E. (2021). Posisi keterampilan berpikir kritis dan kreatif dalam pendidikan sains. Zarah, 9(1), 8–14.
- Wahyudi, A., Liliasari, S., & Supriyanti, T. (2016). Analisis keterampilan berpikir kritis dan kreatif mahasiswa calon guru pada perkuliahan biokimia. In Prosiding Seminar Nasional IPA VII (hlm. 772-778). UNNES.
- Wiersma, W., & Jurs, G. S. (2009). Resesach methods in education: an introduction. Pearson Educational, Inc.
- Zilvinskis, J., Masseria, A. A., & Pike, G. R. (2017). Student Engagement and Student Learning: Examining the Convergent and Discriminant Validity of the Revised National Survey of Student Engagement. Research in Higher Education, 58(8), 880–903. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11162-017-9450-6